If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress View More
This vibrant salad is a twist on the traditional caprese, with roasted butternut squash and fresh avocado adding color and flavor to the classic summer staple. Butternut squash is one of my all-time favorite ingredients — with just a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and some time in a hot oven, the vegetable becomes tender on the inside and crisp on the outside, a perfect contrast to the juicy tomatoes and soft mozzarella.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Recipe adapted from The Forest Feast.