If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress View More
I hope this site proves a valuable resource to anyone coping with taking care of small children in Central London. Whether you are a life-long resident, coming to the city for a day-trip or short-stay or thinking of staying in London for a longer time, this site will offer you invaluable insights to enjoying Central London with babies and toddlers.
Please email me any questions or clarifications you might have and I will be happy to help find answers and make corrections; I usually respond by the end of the day. Thank you
For nearly four years my daughter and I have covertly infiltrated London baby and toddler activities, interviewing hundreds of parents and carers to discover the sizable yet little-known circuit of inexpensive baby groups and classes, community pools, toddler-focused museum exhibits, and amazing large and small playgrounds, the majority of which are free and the rest of which generally cost less than £5.
These activities are known primarily to insiders, people caring for small children. London-Baby is an attempt to catalogue this information in one place. In the coming weeks, look for more listings and reviews of different Central London neighbourhoods and their toddler activities.
- For each neighbourhood I have a Monday – Friday rota of the different playgroups and swim times at the nearest locations.
- If you scroll past the rota, you will find many thorough reviews of the venues and activities that give information about push chairs and changing facilities.
- Farther down are listing and reviews of neighbourhood museums, parks, playgrounds, attractions and other inside information.
- Lastly, many neighbourhoods have a suggested itinerary that includes the above information, plus toddler-friendly dining.
- The reviews of museums, attractions, parks and itineraries are listed both in their neighbourhood and on their own menu.