If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress View More
Honda Civic/Del Sol 1996-2000 Distributor REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The radio might include a coded theft protection circuit. At all times make be aware of the code before disconnecting the battery.
- Disconnect the adverse battery cable.
- Access the crankshaft pulley bolt by means of the left aspect inner fender liner. Use a socket, lengthy extension and an acceptable ratchet to rotate the engine. Rotate the engine counterclockwise until the white Top Dead Middle (TDC) mark on the pulley aligns with the pointer on the engine cover.
- Label and the ignition wires however do not take away them.
- Take away the distributor cap and observe the placement of the ignition rotor. If the ignition rotor just isn’t pointing toward the terminal of the distributor cap for cylinder No. 1, rotate the crankshaft one complete revolution counterclockwise, and align the white (TDC) mark on the pulley with the pointer on the engine cover.
- If the distributor goes to be reinstalled, make an alignment mark between the distributor housing and the cylinder head utilizing a scribe or a chisel. Then, and using a scribe, felt tipped marker or contact up paint, make an alignment mark on the distributor housing for the rotor.
- Uncouple the electrical connectors on the side of the distributor.
- Remove the three distributor mounting bolts.
- Take away the distributor from the cylinder head.
To put in:
If the camshaft or crankshaft has rotated during assembly, rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise until the white High Dead Center (TDC) mark on the pulley aligns with the pointer on the engine cover. If the valve cover and upper timing cover have been removed, make sure the UP mark on the camshaft is dealing with up, and that the crankshaft TDC mark aligns with the pointer on the lower timing cover.
- Coat a new O-ring with clean engine oil and set up it onto the distributor shaft.
- Set up the distributor into the cylinder head. The offset lug on the distributor shaft will fit into the groove on the tip of the camshaft in just one direction. If the distributor is being reinstalled, align the marks made during disassembly.
- Set up the three mounting bolts, solely hand-tighten them at this time.
- Couple the electrical connectors on the aspect of the distributor.
- If removed, reconnect the ignition wires in the appropriate order.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- The Powertrain Management Module(PCM) idle reminiscence have to be reset after reconnecting the battery. Begin the engine and hold it at 3000 rpm till the cooling fan comes on. Then enable the engine to idle for about 5 minutes with all equipment OFF and with the transmission in Park or neutral.
- Test and modify the ignition timing.
- Enter the radio security code.
- Matchmark the position of the distributor before removal
Take away the distributor