If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress View More
Honey… How sweet it is!
- When you need to add a dash of sweetness, swap sugar for honey instead. A little honey goes a long way because the sweetness is so concentrated — you only need a drop or a drizzle for big flavor.
- Unlike other sweeteners, honey is packed with antioxidants that can benefit gastrointestinal health through their probiotic effect (which means it helps beneficial bacteria flourish in the intestines).
- Honey has been shown to prevent the browning of cut fruit; keep this in mind when creating fruit salads!
- Antioxidants in honey can extend the freshness of baked goods, so it’s also choice for recipes.
- Pollinators are responsible for 1 out of 3 bites of food we humans eat — yet their habitat is shrinking and many species are in danger. Whole Foods Market is passionate about restoring wildflower habitat, protecting pollinators and mobilizing our communities to make a difference.
- Demand for honey supports the bee population, which is good for our environment and our farmers. So that’s another reason to use honey instead of sugar!
- Whole Foods Market is proud to introduce our 365 Everyday Value® Pollinator Friendly Almonds and Almond Butter. They’re sourced from an orchard that works with conservationists at The Xerces Society to create a welcoming environment for pollinators.
Honey bees are vital to our supply of healthy foods.
We can’t eat a rainbow of healthy fruits and vegetables without them! Honey bees are pollinators, which means they travel from plant to plant to collect and deposit pollen, a substance that makes it possible for many flowers, fruits and vegetables to reproduce. Here are just a few of the foods that we would lose if all the honey bees disappear:
- Green Beans
- Brussels Sprouts
A buzz-worthy treat
Honey Pear Parfait
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon Orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 Ripe Pear
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- ¼ cup Granola
- Extra honey for drizzling