If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress View More
Happy July everyone,
I hope you all enjoyed a lovely weekend and recharged those batteries a bit ????
Another good food week for us, I decided to make some chicken bone broth in the slow cooker so you’ll see me having some every day for as long as it lasts. Sunday was Father’s day and I was planning a special meal for Sam for some time. I treated him to some oxtail which is a real treat as it’s a bit on the expensive side. Now I’ve only made oxtail once before and was hoping for the best. I used my slow cooker once again and it was delicious. I just cooked too much so we have leftover available.
I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making a pudding with rhubarb as I have this memory from when I was very little and either my Mom or Grandmother made us rhubarb pudding. First mission was getting some rhubarb but luckily I found some, by this time I had a recipe in mind that just needed a few tweaks. Then I stumbled upon a rhubarb ice-cream recipe and I thought “why not?” And the end product was a lovely and delicious Father’s day lunch. I’ll add the links to the recipes I used for you all.
Just a reminder I don’t add drinks to my menu, I only drink black coffee or tea and water throughout the day. And for those wondering about my portions sizes please see my previous post on my plate sizes.
If you want more info about my menus or cooking tips or recipes or just want to share in the day-to-day life of a low carber, please join our Facebook Page.
Enjoy the rest of the week and make good food choice for your health ????
- Breakfast (08h10) – Cabbage quiche with butter and pork spek.
- Lunch – Skipped
- Dinner (17h20) – Pork chop, mashed cabbage, spinach and roasted pumpkin wedge.
- Breakfast (08h15) – Small cup of chicken bone broth.
- Lunch (12h00) – Spinach omelette and bacon.
- Dinner (17h30) – Boerewors, fried mix veg with garlic sauce.
- Breakfast (08h00) – Avo, eggs, bacon, fried zucchini & mushroom.
- Lunch (13h00) – Small cup of chicken bone broth.
- Dinner (17h25) – Fried cabbage & liver.
- Breakfast (08h00) – Bacon, scrambled eggs with fried peppers & brinjals & mushrooms.
- Lunch (14h00) – Small cup of chicken bone broth.
- Dinner (17h40) – Roast chicken and pumpkin with salad.
- Breakfast (09h30) – Coconut flapjacks/pancakes with butter and rhubarb jam.
- Lunch – Small cup of chicken bone broth.
- Dinner (16h40) – Braai/BBQ (Steak & Boerewors, turnip salad, roasted peppers, gem squash filled with fried mushrooms & peppers topped with cheese).
- Breakfast (10h40) – Avo, fried cabbage & bacon bits topped with eggs.
- Lunch – Skipped.
- Dinner (17h10) – Kooletti (fried cabbage) Bolognaise.
- Breakfast – Skipped
- Lunch (12h00) – Oxtail, carrots, brusselsprouts and pumpkin fritters. Dessert – Rhubarb & Strawberry crumble with Rhubarb & Strawberry ice-cream.
- Dinner – Skipped.
- Rhubarb & strawberry crumble, I didn’t use the crumble recipe instead made my own.
- Rhubarb & strawberry ice-cream, I didn’t use an ice-cream machine instead I used a blender. After blending I put it in the freezer for 20 minutes then blended it again, then again after 30 minutes and the again after 30 minutes I blended it with a spoon by hand. This is just so it doesn’t form ice crystals.